Monday, January 21, 2013

First post!

This is my first gluten-free blog post!  I thought I would post a couple of reviews from my recent travels.  This weekend, I went to "Coast" in Santa Barbara for breakfast because I heard that they had GF banana bread, and they did!  The bread was good and I almost ordered some to go.   Although the restaurant had GF bread, the menu didn't list or notate any other GF items and the server wasn't really sure what "gluten free" meant.
Gluten free banana bread from Coast (Santa Barbara, CA)

A couple of weeks ago, we had the pleasure of staying at the Inn on Randolph in Napa.  I highly recommend this Inn, especially for those who are GF!  The Innkeeper is GF and serves only GF breakfast, which is absolutely fantastic, by the way.  Another plus is that the body products in the rooms are from EO.  The shampoo and conditioner were both GF and smelled great.  I've been trying to find EO products down in so cal, with no luck. 


Gluten free breakfast from the Inn on Randolph (Napa, CA)


A couple of months ago I bought the "Gluten Free Table" by the Lagasse Girls.  We have made a handful of the recipes and enjoyed each one.  (I do modify them slightly to avoid onion.)  Last week I made the Jambalaya, with shrimp & andouille sausage.  I don't recall the brand of sausage, but it was quite spicy.  I'd recommend limiting the chili powder if you purchase a spicy sausage.  We had enough leftovers for another lunch & dinner and it definitely got spicier the longer it sat. 

"Jessie & Jilly's Jazzy Jambalaya" recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment